Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update

I have be meaning to post a few pics but most nights I am so tired I fall asleep when the kids do. Some nights I'd like to sleep before they do.  Ellie is adjusting very well except for sleep.  It is so hard because she won't accept my husband at night and he is really trying.  She likes Dave during the day, but at night only mama can comfort her.  We still have 4 people in our bed most nights!  1 or 2 nights Ellie has slept in her crib all night, but it only happens if she is really tired.  She can't seem to comfort herself, which is expected given all the changes in life and she slept with her foster mother the 1st 12 months of her life.

Tori is jealous and when the jealousy gets the best of her she bites Ellie.  Ellie is fiesty, of course she screams if biten, but if only fighting over a toy she shoves Tori and puts up a fight!  More and more they have some fun playing together.  Today Tori dragged Ellie around by her feet and Ellie had a good time and she pushed Ellie around in her shopping cart but it kept tumbling over so I had to put a stop to that.  I'm not sure if Tori fully gets that Ellie is a person, she treats her halfway between a doll or stuffed animal and a baby sister.  Sometimes she calls her baby sister or Ellie and other times she refers to her as "it" or "that"!










In the photos, I took them to a park.  We went to a local farm and I took a picture of her in a pumkin patch.  Tori was very unhappy.  It was ridiculously cold for Oct that day and it had actually snowed the prior evening.  Also, we went trick or treating and Tori dressed up like a cupcake and Ellie like a bumble bee.  Ellie slept during trick or treating and we were out in the cold for almost 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment